Friday, November 04, 2005

To dread or not to dread. That is the question.

My boss, God love her, got sick of messing with her hair. Trying to find the right way to straighten it and have a decent style. She's such a polished person I about came out of my shoes when she told me she used to wear a massive "fro."

So she did a lot of homework, then went out and got sisterlocks.

  • SisterLocks


  • Sisterlocks are a thin version of dreads. It looks more or less like yarn hair.

    She looks great and there's no mess. No product. No harsh chemicals. Her hair has great movement and NO frizz! My favorite "side effect."

    I loved them and immediately began looking into getting dreads done. That was two years ago. Here I am again, looking at dreads. I hate my hair. One of the greatest aspects of being able to wear a habit some day is permanently covering my hair. It's curly and frizzy on the top, stick straight underneath. I spend hundreds of dollars on products that don't work. Curly hair is dry. So I buy moisturizing shampoos and conditioners which just cause FRIZZ! UGH!

    In my research I came across this article about dreads. Good stuff...

  • History of Dreads


  • With my aspirations to holiness, you can just imagine how good that sounded.

    I might dread it and just be done with it. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

    1 comment:

    brunsli said...

    Sister Max,

    I just found your blog and I really enjoyed reading it, so I will bookmark it.

    I started sisterlocks in my hair close to 2 years ago, so you can watch my journey at brunsli.blogspot.com.

    It is pretty easy to post pictures with Picasa, a free program from Google (www.picasa.com). It has a "Blog This!" button.

    All the best!
    Brunsli