Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yum Yummy.

Yesterday I mentioned my new cook book. "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World." I'm having a BLAST with this book.

These are the Simple Agave Cupcakes. I had a bit of trouble because I couldn't find my hand mixer. So you'll see, the top of the cake is dimpled.


When making the frosting, I discovered I was missing an ingredient. Powdered Soy Milk. So I used the same amount of Berry flavored Vega. What a GLORIOUS mistake that turned out to be. While it turned my carmel colored frosting "pond scum green" - it lent a delightful berry flavor!


I figured the cakes topped with green may not be so delightful to look at and might discourage eating them. So once frosted, I pressed them into coconut. They look like snowballs!


These are sugar free. Agave is a diabetic approved sugar substitute. And so YUMMY.

No comments: